Around 1.8 million people every year opt for hip or knee replacements as a result of osteoarthritis. Supplement with hydrolyzed collagen type II to avoid surgery as a natural alternative to prevent surgery at all cost. Surgery should always be the last alternative, once you’ve exhausted all other preventative resources. New research reveals that the patients whom are osteoarthritis sufferers simply replaced their bad knees and hips with cardiovascular complications one month after the surgery.
That’s why I recommend natural remedies that ease the pain of osteoarthritis in a much more effective and safer way. In some cases they can even reverse this debilitating condition by supplementing with connective tissue supplements from avian sternum type II collagen along with natural compounds from eggshell membrane that promotes anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial nutrients stimulating collagen synthesis naturally in the body.
Lead researcher Yuqing Zhang, a professor of medicine and epidemiology at Boston University School of Medicine, said that contrary to other recently published findings, the study performed by his research team suggests that total joint replacement surgery procedures cannot provide protection from the risk of heart attack. He added that these findings may suggest that post-operatory risks of a heart attack immediately after surgery may have been underestimated.
Researchers at Boston University studied 6,063 osteoarthritis patients who underwent hip replacements. They compared them with 6,063 hip patients who didn’t get surgery.
- In the month after surgery, heart attack rates for the group with new hips shot up 400% compared with patients who opted to skip the surgery.
- Knee surgery was even worse. The researchers looked at 13,849 patients with knee osteoarthritis who had knee replacements. And they compared them with knee patients who didn’t get surgery. In the month after they got a new knee, heart attacks rates skyrocketed 800%, compared with the non-surgery group.
- Heart attacks aren’t the only risk to these surgeries. The same study found that deadly blood clots called venous thromboembolisms (VTEs) were more than 63 times higher in knee replacements in the first month. For hip surgery the risk was 78 times higher.
TendoGuardTM a proprietary dietary supplement formula sourced from eggshell membrane and avian sternum cartilage containing collagen Type I, II, V, X, Hyaluronic Acid, Chondroitin Sulfate and Glucosamine (Mucopolysaccharides).
- Lu, N., et al., “Total Joint Arthroplasty and the Risk of Myocardial Infarction – A General Population, Propensity Score-Matched Cohort Study.” Arthritis & Rheumatology Vol. 67, Issue 10, pages 2771–2779, October 2015.
- Shiraki M, Shiraki Y, Aoki C, Miura M. “Vitamin K2 (menatetrenone) effectively prevents fractures and sustains lumbar bone mineral density in osteoporosis.” J Bone Miner Res. 2000;15(3):515-21.
- Widrig R, Suter A, et al. “Choosing between NSAID and arnica for topical treatment of hand osteoarthritis in a randomised, double-blind study.” Rheumatol Int. 2007;27(6):585-9.
- Knuesel O, Weber M, Suter A. “Arnica montana gel in osteoarthritis of the knee: an open, multicenter clinical trial.” Adv Ther. 2002;19(5):209-18.
- Brien S, Lewith G, Walker A, Hicks SM, Middleton D. “Bromelain as a Treatment for Osteoarthritis: a Review of Clinical Studies.” Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2004;1(3):251-257.